Introduction to the smart car project

Welcome to my new blog! I recently bought a Raspberry Pi based smart car from Freenove as a fun little intro to robotics and computer vision. This blog is to document my progress and my code. I've only just started, but hopefully I can get somewhere interesting. And I'm looking forward to playing with opencv using the images generated by my car.

Besides the car from Freenove, I needed a couple of other things, so here was my shopping list:
Freenove 3-wheeled smart car kit, for raspberry pi
Raspberry Pi model 3 B+
Raspberry Pi power supply
micro SD card (SDXC preferable)
micro SD card reader
2 * 18650 lithium batteries
18650 lithium battery charger
good quality USB camera
magnetic tip phillips head screwdriver (for all those fiddly little screws)
Note that the car does come with a usb camera, but I wanted something higher end, something better suited for computer vision experiments. Next, I spent an afternoon setting up the raspberry pi so I could VNC in to a static wifi IP. And then another afternoon building the car. The Freenove documentation is comprehensive, and also see their github page. In the next post I jump into python.

BTW, here is a picture of my car:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing active-map

using edge-enhance

panorama-scan